- Strengthen basic research foundation in feedstock development and conversion technologies.
- Provide undergraduate and graduate training for future biobased economy workforce.
- Formulate teams of university personnel to determine the most appropriate opportunities in feedstock production and conversion applications for specific regions in Oklahoma.
- When and where appropriate, establish producer-based feedstock demonstration plots of selected perennial grasses, such as switchgrass.
- Establish OSU as one of the predominant cellulosic research universities in the U.S.