Marimuthu Andiappan, Ph.D.
|B.S||Chemical Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, India, 2005|
|M.S.||Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2007|
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2013|
Research and Extension Interests
- Catalytic Pyrolysis of Cellulosic Biomass into Fuels
- Catalytic Materials for Solar Fuels and Chemicals
- Catalysis with Well-defined Metal Nanostructures
- Control of Catalyst Deactivation
|CHE 3013||Rate Ops 1|
|CHE 5110||Catalysis and photocatalysis|
- Merritt, J., Marimuthu, A., Pietz, M., Richey, R., Sullivan, K., Kjell, D. “Mitigating the risk of co-precipitation of pinacol from telescoped Miyaura borylation and Suzuki couplings utilizing boron pinacol esters: Use of modeling for process design” Organic Process Research & Development, 2016, 20, 178-188.
- Linic, S., Christopher, P., Xin, H., Marimuthu, A. “Catalytic and photocatalytic transformations on metal nanoparticles with targeted geometric and plasmonic properties”, Accounts of Chemical Research, 2013, 46, 1890-1899.
- Marimuthu, A., Zhang, J., Linic, S. “Tuning selectivity in propylene epoxidation by plasmon mediated photo-switching of Cu oxidation state”, Science, 2013, 339, 1590-1593.
- Christopher, P., Xin, H., Marimuthu, A., Linic, S. “Singular characteristics and unique chemical bond activation mechanisms of photocatalytic reactions on plasmonic nanostructures”, Nature Materials, 2012, 11, 1044-1050.
- Marimuthu, A., Christopher, P., Linic, S. “Design of plasmonic platforms for selective molecular sensing based on surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 9824-9829.