Clint Aichele, Ph.D.
Assistant ProfessorChemical EngineeringHarold Courson Chair of Petroleum Engineering
|B.S.||Chemical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 2004|
|Ph.D.||Chemical & Molecular Engineering, Rice University, 2009|
- Concentrated emulsion characterization and surfactant behavior for flow assurance applications
- Dynamic interfacial properties of bi-phasic systems
- Gas/liquid and water/oil separations
- Paraffin precipitation and deposition in hydrocarbon systems
- Hydrate formation during crude oil production
- Sprays, aerosols, nozzle performance, and entrainment effects
- Life cycle assessment
- CHE 4124 (Chemical Engineering Senior Design)- This is the capstone course in the chemical engineering curriculum. It encompasses all of the aspects of the undergraduate chemical engineering education, and it provides students with the opportunity to develop strong technical and communication skills.
- CHE 6010 (Graduate Student Seminar)- This course is the seminar for the graduate students. It provides students with the opportunity to meet outside speakers from academia and industry.
Aichele, C.P., Chapman, W.G., Rhyne, L., and Subramani, H.J., “Characterization of Water-in-Crude-Oil Emulsions in a Complex Shear Field,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 53, 190-196, 2014.
Bapat, S., Aichele, C.P., and High, K., “Development of a Sustainable Process for the Production of Polymer Grade Lactic Acid,” Sustainable Chemical Processes, 2, 1-8, 2014.
Tamhankar, Y., Whiteley, J.R., Resetarits, M., Aichele, C.P., “Spray Droplet Characterization Inside a Glass Column Through Dense Wall Flow,” Atomization and Sprays, 24, 115-128, 2014.
Olukoya, I., Bellmer, D., Whiteley, J.R., Aichele, C.P., “Assessing the Environmental Sustainability of the Production of Ethanol from Sweet Sorghum,” under review, Environmental Science and Technology, 2013.
Tamhankar, Y.S., Whiteley, J.R., Resetarits, M.R., and Aichele, C.P., “Spray Droplet Characterization for Post Combustion Carbon Capture,” ILASS Americas, Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013.
Mathkar, A., Aichele, C., Omole, I., Hashim, D., Singh, N., and Ajayan, P.M., “Creating Super-solvophobic Nano-composite Materials,” RSC Advances, 3, 4216-4220, 2013.
Karpe, P., and Aichele, C.P., “Amine Modeling for CO2 Capture – Internals Selection,” Environmental Science and Technology, 47, 3926-3932, 2013.
Aichele, C.P., Chapman, W.G., Rhyne, L.D., Subramani, H.J., and House, W., “Analysis of Formation of Water-in-Oil Emulsions,” Energy and Fuels, 23, 3674-3680, 2009.
Aichele, C.P., Chapman, W.G., Rhyne, L.D., Subramani, H.J., Montesi, A., Creek, J., and House, W., “Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Analysis of Methane Hydrate Formation in Water-in-Oil Emulsions,” Energy and Fuels, 23, 835-841, 2009.
Aichele, C.P., Chapman, W.G., Hirasaki, G.J., Rhyne, L.D., Montesi, A., Creek, J., and House, W., “Characterizing Water-in-Oil Emulsions with Application to Methane Hydrate Formation using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance,” Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Gas Hydrates, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, July 6-10, 2008.
Aichele, C.P., Flaum, M., Jiang, T., Hirasaki, G.J., and Chapman, W.G., “Water-in-Oil Emulsion Droplet Size Characterization using a Pulsed Field Gradient with Diffusion Editing (PFG-DE) NMR Technique,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 315, 607-619, 2007.