Yanqi Wu, Ph.D.
Plant and Soil Sciences
Grass Breeding and Genetics
|B.S.||Animal Science, Ningxia Agricultural College (now Ningxia University), 1985|
|M.S.||Forage Science, Sichuan Agricultural University, 1988|
|Ph.D.||Crop Science, Oklahoma State University, 2004|
Wu’s research interest focuses on switchgrass breeding and molecular genetics. One of his goals is to develop new switchgrass cultivars with improvement in biomass yield and other traits related to viable and sustainable feedstock production.
“The biofuels research will lead to inventions, which will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, improve our environment, create new job opportunities and be desirable for the agriculture and rural economy.”
|PLNT 5412||Plant Breeding Methods|
|PLNT 4353||Plant Breeding|
- Makaju, S.O., Q. Wu, M.P. Anderson, V.G. Kakani, M.W. Smith, L.L. Liu, H.X. Dong, and D. Chang. 2018. Yield-height correlation and QTL localization for plant height in two lowland switchgrass populations. Frontiers of Agricultural Science and Engineering. (Accepted as of 12/04/2017).
- Chang, D., Q. Wu, L.L. Liu, S.Y. Thames, H.X. Dong, C. Goad, S.Q. Bai, S. Makaju, and T.L. Fang. 2016. QTL mapping for tillering related traits in two switchgrass populations. The Plant Genome. doi:10.3835/plantgenome2016.01.0010
- Dong, H.X., S.Y. Thames, L.L. Liu, M.W. Smith, L.L. Yan, and Q. Wu. 2015. QTL mapping for reproductive maturity in lowland switchgrass populations. Bioenergy Research 8:1925–1937. DOI 10.1007/s12155-015-9651-9.
- Adhikari, L., M. Anderson, A. Klatt, and Q. Wu. 2015. Testing the efficacy of a polyester bagging method for selfing switchgrass. BioEnergy Research 8:380-387. DOI 10.1007/s12155-014-9528-3.
- Liu, L.L., S.Y. Lu-Thames, and Q. Wu. 2014. Lowland switchgrass plants in populations set completely outcrossed seeds under field conditions as assessed with SSR markers. BioEnergy Research 7:253-259. DOI: 10.1007/s12155-013-9367-7.